Monday, July 7, 2008

Useful Design Idea 1


I was doing my monthly digital data backup on my main hard disk when I suddenly realise that there was insufficient space in it. Hmmm, and then I realise, my main hard disk, the one that I use and assign to be the mother of all my hard disks, is actually of a smaller capacity compared to my portable versions! Hmmm, now that is quite a situation I have there. An idea came to my mind, as you can see in the picture above. Can a design be incorporated that is so simple so that the user or owner of the hard disk would be able to tell, at a glance, and without needing to connect the disk to a computer, the remaining space in it. I remember we have something simple and similar in the Energizer batteries, you know the 'power remaining' indicator. Why not then we have a similar indicator, somewhat similar to the water-level indicator versions as seen above, that can be placed alongside the hard disk? A simple idea, don't you think!

No comments: