Saturday, June 21, 2008

Yasmin the StoryTeller

It came as a pleasant surprise to me that Yasmin Ahmad, one of my favourite directors/writers of modern-day Malay films is actually the brains behind some of the most interesting commercials on Malaysian's tv, you know the ones that tugs the heart, especially those shown during the Hari Raya Aidilfitri seasons! Anyway, I personally think that though the time frame for this commercial is short, this is still quite apt and one of Yasmin's better works for a commercial. Though it is also in the other language versions, it does saddens me that the main players of the commercial are from the major race group, and the other non-English and non-Mandarin language versions are just subtitled versions of this! Come on, for S$2million, I think we can afford to do better right! Anyway, enjoy!

No comments: