Thursday, August 14, 2008

This thing about making judgements

Congratulations to myself on my 100th post so far! Hopefully I am able to make that little difference in this information-pervasive world of ours to my readers.

And now I just to like to bitch, yeah bitching about people who seemingly think that they have that right to pass judgements on anyone or everyone, based on their inconsequential and shallow interactions with their audience. I just came to know, through my future colleagues at my new place of work, about how a minority of the people at the 'higher-ups' do their evaluation and 'ranking'! My, my, what a worrying thing to hear when people up there are making and passing judgements on presumably their middle-managers based on just their 2 to 3 hour interaction time with them, rather than looking at their quality and quantity of work done beyond this 2 or 3 hours. And to top it all off, they have that audacity to say that the discussions that happens during that 2 to 3 hours are shallow! Hmmm, come to think of it, who is the shallow one here? And this coming from someone who perhaps had their last actual, real teaching experience YEARS ago? Hmmm...just wondering...

But to be fair, I do think that my current colleagues and bosses are nice fellas to work with. And I thank God for that.

No comments: